It is very important that as children, we honor and obey our parents. They love us so much and will do anything for us. After all, we are their most prized possessions. For all of the things they do for us, we need to show that we are thankful by obeying them. My parents mean the world to me!
Questions to ask yourself-
- What is my usual attitude when my parents ask me to do something?
- How well do I accept the responsibility for my daily routine chores?
- How do I accept criticism when my parents must teach me when I am wrong?
- Do I ever try to show my parents my love for them by doing something without being told?
- Do I go to my parents for advice?
- How can I make my home happy and pleasant?
- When did I last tell my parents I loved them?
Now look back over your answers…Are you really giving honor and obedience to your parents as God asks? ________ Is God able to bless your life as He wants to? _____
Bible Verse of the Day-
“Honor your father and mother—which is the first commandment with a promise: so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” -Ephesians 6:2-3
I pray that you will help me honor and obey my parents the way I should. You know how much they love and care for me and I want to show them the same. I am so thankful for them. Thank you for giving me parents who love and provide for me.
In Jesus’ Name I Pray,